Sunday, October 7, 2012

Farewell to Cyrus

The first time I ate at Cyrus (Healdsburg, CA) was in 2007, before I had either of my kids.  At the time, it was my most favorite restaurant.  The food blew me away.  When I heard that Cyrus was closing down, I had to go back one last time.  We ordered the tasting menu and once again, delicious!  Definitely one of my top 5 places to eat for fine dining.  So long Cyrus, you will be missed!

We were greeted with a welcome dish from the kitchen consisting of a variety of flavors: sweet, sour, salty...

Amuse Bouche: Eggplant and MonkFish
 Heirloom Tomatoes with Boquerones and Black Garlic, Olive Oil Croutons
 Chorizo Crusted Scallops with Sweet Corn and Lobster Froth
 Thai Lobster with Avocado and Melon
 Halibut with Braised Romaine, Yuzu-Kosho Sauce
 Steamed Matsutake with Myoga, Ginkgko and Mitsuba
 Sonoma County Duck with Chrysanthemum Gomae and Ponzu
Artisanal and Farmhouse Cheeses (Three varities of Cheddar)
Goat Milk Panna Cotta with Raspberries, Parsley-Lime Ice
Milk Chocolate and Macademia Bar with Compressed Peaches, Rice Sherbet

No comments:

Post a Comment